The Founding Documents Display Case

Description
Constructed through the generosity of William R. Harris ’40, R. Rhett Austell, Jr. ’48, John C. Walsh ’54, and the General Electric Company Plastics Division in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, the “Shrine of the Founding Documents” was designed by Burr and McCallum Architects of Williamstown, Massachusetts, and constructed by local craftspeople. It incorporates details drawn from the Chapin Library’s copy of the Articles of the Carpenters Company of Philadelphia (1786), as well as the latest in materials and technology to protect the Founding Documents from harmful light, vandalism, and theft.
File details
ID Label Size Mimetype Created
OBJ DC2016_018_008_docscase.JPG 203.32 KiB image/jpeg 2017-08-24
TN TN 27.81 KiB image/jpeg 2017-08-24
MEDIUM_SIZE MEDIUM_SIZE 64.9 KiB image/jpeg 2017-08-24