Number 05: Deed from March 8, 1748

Description
1748 March 8: Deed to land in what is now Lanesborough, Mass. Signed by Samuel Stone, Junior, of Framingham, Husbandman, conveying land Lot No. 94 in a new township called Osatonick in Richfield, to Ephraim Williams, Esq., of Stockbridge. Witnesssed by Josiah Drury, Elisha Jones. Acknowledged before Josiah Brewer. Recorded by Edward Pynchon. The present town of Lanesborough, including Cheshire was first called Richfield, afterwards called New Framingham. First actual settlers came in 1754, six years after Ephraim Williams, Sr., took title to Lot No. 94.
File details
ID Label Size Mimetype Created
OBJ Dwight_050_005_Combined.pdf 18.77 MiB application/pdf 2015-09-14
FULL_TEXT Dwight_050_005_text.txt 2.24 KiB text/plain 2015-09-14
TN TN 5.95 KiB image/jpeg 2015-09-14